Welcome to the Governing Body section of our school website. I hope you find it interesting and that you’ll take a little time to learn more about us and the job we do.
Chair of Governors
The Role of the Governing Body
The School Governance (Roles, Procedures and Allowances) (England) Regulations 2013 make it clear that the Headteacher is responsible for the educational performance of the school and for the internal organisation, management and control of the school, including the performance management of staff.
The Governing Body’s role is to hold the Headteacher to account for exercising her professional judgement in these matters and for the performance of all of her other duties. Having advised the Governing Body, the Headteacher must comply with any reasonable direction given by it.
The Governing Body has three core functions:
- Setting the vision and strategic direction
- Holding the Headteacher and her senior leadership team to account for the educational performance of the school
- Ensuring financial health, probity and value for money
How our governors are appointed:
- Parent governors are elected by the parents of students in school.
- LA governor is nominated by the Local Authority.
- Co-opted governors are appointed by the Governing Body.
- Staff governor is elected by the staff of the school.
- Associate members are appointed by the Governing Body.
- The Headteacher holds an ex-officio position.
Contact our governors
To get in touch with any of our governors, please email email@example.com and mark your message 'for the attention of [name of the governor you wish to contact]'
Useful links and downloads