Admissions & applications
Thank you showing interest in applying to Lawnswood Sixth Form. Here we outline some key points about your application and the process in general.
We offer a broad and balanced curriculum with a strong focus on ensuring that your study programme will equip you for further opportunities after the sixth form.
We offer a choice of pathways, and you will be supported to select the best pathway for you based on your GCSE performance and career aspirations.
The majority of students will study three full A levels or 2 full BTECs. In addition you can choose from the Extended Project Qualification, the Progression Module, internships and work experience.
To apply to the sixth form please complete the application form found here > and attach your personal statement. You can email the completed form directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Advice to Y11 Students
Completing the Application Form
- If you are offered an interview – make sure you attend on time, dressed smartly and that you provide all the relevant documentation requested.
- Make sure in your interview you are able to talk about:
- Why you want to study the subjects you have chosen.
- What you will bring to the Sixth Form and how you will participate in the wider life of the school.
- Your understanding of what is expected of a Sixth Form student.
- It is vital you attend your school or college’s results day to collect your exam grades.
- If you wish to attend Lawnswood Sixth Form, please come into school at the time outlined on your offer letter to show proof of your grades so your offer can be confirmed.
If at any point you have any questions, please contact, myself or a member of the Year 11 or Sixth Form teams.
We look forward to welcoming you to our Sixth Form.
Ms K Nicholson, Deputy Headteacher
Useful links and downloads