Pride in our community
One of the ways we can ensure that our pupils are respected in the local and wider Leeds community is by encouraging them to dress appropriately for the school environment.
We need parents and carers to reinforce the need to maintain standards of dress for Lawnswood pupils.
All students must wear:
- Black blazer with embroidered school badge. Students must wear blazers at all times. It is not acceptable for pupils to keep their blazers in school bags.
- A formal white shirt with a stiff collar, designed to be worn with a tie. The shirt must be tucked inside trousers and have the top button fastened
- Correct school tie for year group
- Formal black trousers or skirt. The trousers must be black and appropriately formal school trousers. Jeans, tracksuit bottoms, skin tight trousers, leggings or combat trousers are unacceptable.
The skirt must be black and appropriately formal, intended to be worn as school uniform. Skirts shorter than just above the knee are unacceptable; the length of the skirt must be decent for the safeguarding of all our students.
Students may wear dark colour knee or ankle length socks or plain tights in black or flesh tones.
- The V neck school jumper (grey for KS3 and black for KS4) is optional and is not an alternative to wearing the school blazer.
- A black shalwar kameez or black hijab is also acceptable
- During warm weather, we advise pupils not to bring their jumper to school.
- Coats, sweatshirts, hooded garments, hats, gloves and scarves and large belts as a fashion item must not be worn inside the school. If seen, they will be confiscated and passed on to the pupil’s Year Manager for return at the end of the school week.
- School shoes that are formal and a sensible style. They must be leather and entirely black with black laces: no boots, no stiletto heels, no shoes without backs, no pumps or trainers, no logo of any kind. Dark socks or plain tights in flesh/black tones should be worn. For examples of acceptable shoe styles, please see below.
Students should avoid extremes of personal appearance. This includes hair colouring and hair cuts.
No excessive jewellery or make up is allowed. One small necklace, one ring, one bracelet, one pair of stud earrings are acceptable.
No facial piercings are allowed for safety reasons.
Mobile phones, iPods and other musical devices and their earphones are not allowed in school. If seen, the will be confiscated and passed to the relevant Year Manager.
Buying school uniform
Visit or contact our suppliers: