Coronavirus (Covid 19) Catch Up Premium
16-19 Tuition Fund
All students that join our Sixth Form who have not yet secured a grade 4 in maths or English receive timetabled lessons in order to ensure that they can achieve this grade as soon as possible upon joining us. This offer is also open to students who may have already secured a grade 4 but wish to resit the exam in order to secure a higher outcome.
All of these students are entered for the exam in November of Year 12, and continue to be taught and re-entered at the next opportunity until the desired grade is secured. This model has proved highly successful and the vast majority of students are successful at the first sitting of these exams.
Due to Covid-19, additional funding was provided for this cohort of students and this was used to provide the following additional support in the Autumn term of 2020-21:
- Purchase of additional revision guides and texts
- Printing of multiple copies of past papers
- Mentoring in groups of no more than five students
- Online resources provided through an additional remote curriculum on Showbie
- Delivery of paper resources and laptops to students who had a period of isolation during the Autumn term
- 1:1 support for relevant Year 13 students with UCAS applications
- 1:1 support for relevant Year 12 students with applications to aspirational programmes such as the Law Ambassador programme to improve their self-confidence.