Students at Lawnswood will follow one of the following four routes to be agreed with the student on the basis of their GCSE results:
- 3 A-level subjects – these will be assessed at the end of Year 13 through linear examinations and coursework.There will be no external AS exam sat – instead rigorous mock exams will be sat at the end of Year 12 to inform decisions about progression into Year 13.
- 2 BTEC Diplomas or equivalent – these will be assessed throughout the two years through coursework assignments (some of which will be marked internally, some externally) as well as through external examination
- 1 BTEC Diploma + 1 BTEC Extended Certificate or equivalent + GCSE resit: Students on the UFCA Scholars programme who are not pursuing A-levels, or other students who require a resit in English or Maths GCSE will automatically and meet the other entry criteria will pursue this pathway.
- A mixture of A-levels and BTECs – to add up to a total of three Level 3 qualifications.
We offer the following courses – in partnership with Ralph Thoresby School.
Please see the links below to find out more details about the content and requirements for each individual course offered.
In addition, students are required to have a full Study Programme and must sign up to complete one of the following additional options:
- The Extended Project Qualification
- The Progression Module
- Lawnswood Internship
- Mentoring/Learning Support
The sign up for these options will take place early in the Autumn Term.
In addition, students are also expected to complete at least one week of work experience during the academic year – a week is allocated for this during the Summer term.