Admissions & applications
Thank you showing interest in applying to Lawnswood Sixth Form. Here we outline some key points about your application and the process in general.
We offer a broad and balanced curriculum with a strong focus on ensuring that your study programme will equip you for further opportunities after the sixth form.
We offer a choice of pathways, and you will be supported to select the best pathway for you based on your GCSE performance and career aspirations.
The majority of students will study three full A levels or 2 full BTECs. In addition you can choose from the Extended Project Qualification, the Progression Module, internships and work experience.
Advice to Y11 Students
Completing the Application Form
- Complete your UCAS Progress applications promptly – we recommend that this is done by the end of the Autumn Term once you have experienced the Year 11 Taster Day and Sixth Form Options Evening.
- If you require any assistance with the UCAS Progress system – please see Mrs Parker.
- Make sure you have gained access to impartial advice and guidance.This can be sourced through the Lawnswood Careers team (Mrs Parker and Mrs Alford), as well as through various online sources of information such as the National Careers Service website – http://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk.
- Make sure you apply only to providers you are genuinely interested in – we recommend no more than three schools/colleges.
- Please ensure that you check the entry requirements for the different courses offered and that you have a realistic chance of meeting them – it is also wise to have a back up plan in place in case you do not meet the requirements of your first choice provider.
- If you are offered an interview – make sure you attend on time, dressed smartly and that you provide all the relevant documentation requested.
- Make sure in your interview you are able to talk about:
- Why you want to study the subjects you have chosen.
- What you will bring to the Sixth Form and how you will participate in the wider life of the school.
- Your understanding of what is expected of a Sixth Form student.
- Please ensure you check the UCAS Progress page regularly after you have submitted your application and been interviewed, so you are able to respond promptly to any offers made to you.
- It is vital you attend your school or college’s results day to collect your exam grades.
- If you wish to attend Lawnswood Sixth Form, please come into school at the time outlined on your offer letter to show proof of your grades so your offer can be confirmed.
If at any point you have any questions, please contact, myself or a member of the Year 11 or Sixth Form teams.
We look forward to welcoming you to our Sixth Form.
Ms K Nicholson
Sixth Form Application Process
(click image to view pdf document)