In this section
Form tutor– for general enquiries
Every day, your child will have time with his/her form tutor. You can communicate with the form tutor by writing in your child’s planner. Form tutors are a good point of contact for everyday issues or messages. You are welcome to email your child’s tutor: he/she will give you an email address at the beginning of the school year. Form tutors are also teachers with timetable commitments, so they may have limited times when they can contact you by telephone. However, they will aim to get back to you within 24 hours.
Year Manager– about pastoral issues
Year Managers are dedicated to a specific year group. Their responsibilities include:
- dealing with day-to-day pastoral issues (e.g. wellbeing)
- monitoring attendance, punctuality and behaviour and applying the appropriate school policy
- applying intervention strategies for students
- developing and maintaining good communication with parents and carers
- dealing with any medical issues you may wish to discuss (if you need to send any medication to school, we must know before hand as it may need an authorisation form)
Head of Year – about pastoral and academic issues
Heads of Year work with Year Managers to oversee academic progress and pastoral concerns (such as personal or family issues impacting on wellbeing) in a specific year group. You are welcome to email the Head of Year but please be aware that Heads of Year are also teachers with timetable commitments. This means they have limited or specific times when they can contact you. However, they will aim to get back to you within 24 hours.
Subject teachers– for specific questions or concerns about particular subjects
As teachers are in lessons most of the day, you are welcome to email staff, so that they can ring or email you back as soon as possible. Email addresses for subject leaders are on the school website.
Student reception – contact via 0113 284 4022
The Student Reception team can help you if you need to
- report your child absent for any reason
- arrange to collect your child from school or deliver him/her to school outside the normally expected times
- drop items into school for your child during the school day
- get a message to him/her during the school day
Visitor reception – 0113 284 4020
Our main reception desk