In this section
Red Kite Teacher Training
As a partner with the Red Kite Alliance, Lawnswood School supports an excellent school-led pathway to train new teachers through Red Kite Teacher Training.
Red Kite Teacher Training offers excellent School-Centred Initial Teacher Training (SCITT) programmes for both Primary and Secondary prospective teachers. In partnership with other schools in the Leeds, Harrogate and surrounding areas, our 1 year course leads to QTS* and PGCE.
Why train with Red Kite?
- A dedicated team of experienced mentors, tutors and subject leaders to fully support you throughout the year,
- The opportunity to train among a nationally recognised partnership of schools and fantastic employment opportunities in our schools after training,
- Full access to facilities at the University of Leeds including their library, sports facilities, support staff and a student card,
- A tax-free bursary up to £28,000 available for certain subject areas.
To find out more;
* The title of this award is subject to change due to an ongoing government consultation at the time of going to press. For the latest information, please visit the Department of Education website