In this section
Our aims & values
We aim to create an inspirational community of learning where we combine our ambitions for academic attainment with an emphasis on students' moral, personal, social and spiritual needs, so that they may take their place as caring, committed, self-aware and confident members of society.
To ensure all our students are treated as individuals and are able to flourish and excel Lawnswood School aims to:
- create a vibrant community where we work together, respect differences, treat one another with justice, tolerance and respect;
- ensure our students are equipped with the necessary knowledge, skills and confidence to undertake the next stage of their career;
- foster leadership and engagement to encourage our students to make a positive contribution to both our school and community;
- offer all students a broad and balanced curriculum that leads to positive outcomes;
- offer a range of activities, visits and trips that help students develop the skills and knowledge to take an active and positive role in the world;
- engage with members of our community to support opportunities of learning, experience and social skills;
- provide and maintain an attractive, secure, safe and healthy school environment.